PDA

View Full Version : Fancier invoice for email

josemanuel
08-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi all. In development, I used a nice looking HTML invoice mod, specifically osCommerce: Email Invoice 1.0 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3160) . This one is nice because it does a two part email, so text only readers can read the mail, and it sends a nice professional invoice when the client buys.

Alternatives exist, including osCommerce: Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2861) .

The problem is that the standard packages seem in compatible with the Paypal IPN. That module seems to force the less than beautiful text invoice to be emailed to the customer.

Does anyone have an alternative, or a packaged version of one of these (or instructions for integration) that can work to make a clean invoice like that in HTML?

Thanks in advance.

Twizted
08-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I would also be interested in this as my current shop uses the Fancy Invoice and Packing slip but I am working on migrating to OSCMAX and would like to also have this available to me for my new shop and fancier e-mail layouts would be very nice..

josemanuel
08-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Does anybody have a solution for this yet?

josemanuel
10-28-2007, 01:58 PM
I am surprised that everyone who uses the Paypal IPN is comfortable with the text invoice that the cart sends. No one wants a nice looking HTML invoice to be sent?

MindTwist
10-29-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't. I am more than pleased with the standard (slightly modified) emails my store sends.

But, the paypal IPN payment module sends the email by itself. If you check and compare the code, you will see that normal order emails are sent from /checkout_process.php , and the ones for orders paid with paypal IPN are sent from /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

I have not checked that "fancier invoice for email" contribution, but I am sure that whatever code you touch on /checkout_process.php to change the email sent, can also be applied on /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php without many problems.