PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Website Payments Pro

kennetha
08-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I just installed oscMax and upgraded from oscommerce. My site was fully functional and now it's completely useless because I cannot put paypal website payments pro on it. Is there a contribution that works with oscMax? It's a new install. How do I do this, I downloaded the one contribution but when I try to use compare and merge it completely is confusing. If someone could please help I'd really appreciate it.

josemanuel
10-02-2007, 10:55 AM
There is a drop in set of files for Paypal Pro on this site as a project. However, that is for the UK.

Does anyone have a osCMax version of the Paypal Website Pro for US? that would seem like a requirement for osCMax.

Thanks in advance.

MindTwist
10-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Errr... What is "paypal website payments pro"...?

josemanuel
10-02-2007, 06:14 PM
That is a Paypal that lets a buyer pay with credit card directly on your site, instead of going to the Paypal site. Should be seamless for buyers.

MindTwist
10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Thx, didn't even know that existed. Guess I won't bother since I do not like/use Paypal that much, I would set up the usual Paypal_IPN payment, and later find my own credit card payment gateway.

cleangroove
11-29-2007, 02:57 AM
That is a Paypal that lets a buyer pay with credit card directly on your site, instead of going to the Paypal site. Should be seamless for buyers.

Yes, I believe you do leave your site and proceed to the PayPal site. PayPal allows you to customize the PayPal page with your logo to make it look more like your site... after the transaction they are returned to the original site!

This does not address the start of this thread, asking if there is an osCMax version of the Paypal Website Pro for the USA? This certainly seems like one solution that may work, however for that, my search continues. Be well.