PDA

View Full Version : Editing info box link title text

whooven
07-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Once again, I did a lot of searching and couldn't come up with an answer so I need to post this question:

I need to change some text in the info box. Specifically, I need to change "Shipping & Returns" to simply "Shipping". My store doesn't need returns so it's confusing to use that term.

information.php has this:

$boxContent = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '"> ' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

But I can't figure out where the title "Shipping & Returns" is. I have already changed shipping.php under languages/english but that only changed the shipping page itself.

Thanks for any help.

met00
07-30-2007, 08:18 AM
did you look in /includes/languages/english.php for BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING

whooven
07-30-2007, 09:37 AM
That was it, thanks. Still a noob here but now I know where to edit that stuff. I appreciate the response.

jpf
07-31-2007, 09:46 PM
anything with SOME_DISPLAY_TEXT_LISTED_OR_DISPLAYED like this - is in your language directories. /includes/languages/ - ie: english.php or in .../english/SOMEFILENAME.php - where file is the same names as what is the main file or in your site - the same name as the URL file being displayed.

ie: http://www.yoursite/catalog/account.php - change the displayed text in
/includes/languages/english/account.php

Good Luck!

met00
07-31-2007, 10:33 PM
not to correct the boss, but you also have to look for them in places like

/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping
/includes/languages/english/modules/payments
/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total

if they are modules :-)

whooven
08-01-2007, 06:06 AM
Okay. I checked all those places, except english.php, but it is helpful to know that. Thanks guys.