osCmax v2.5 Beta 3 Released
We are happy to announce that osCmax v2.5 Beta 3 has been released today. This release has cleared a significant amount of issues and improves the overall experience, both for customers and for administrators. There are over 80 bugs/issues that have been resolved in this release as well as several new UI improvements in the admin and front end.
Here are a few highlights of what has been done between beta 2 and this release:
- Fallback HTML template updated to current feature set, now a viable replacement for fallback. If you want to use the new html tag template system, it is now fully implemented.
- Large scale language/translation work. Default language packs are now file-complete and fully functional. (Translations are being finished)
- Added many new user-friendly error messages both to admin and catalog
- Added a configuration checking screen to the admin to inform the administrator of any problems with the shop installation
- Fixed Paypal and shipping amount issue where charges were randomly lost due to customer action
- Updated USPS shipping module to match new USPS API
- Resolved issue with cart totals/quantity discounts not displaying properly
- Fixed articles reviews editing and tweaked articles features
- Search result quantity now can be set differently for catalog and admin
- Fixed page module controller activation action
- Ajax country/state selector fixed on all customer pages
- Full UTF-8 Character set support
There are over 80 additional fixes/improvements added to beta 3. To see a full list of the issues that have been resolved, visit our Bug Tracker.
Upgrading from Beta 2 is easy.
- Make a backup of your beta 2 files and database
- Download the new release here: osCmax Downloads
- Upload the new files, overwriting all the existing files.
- Run the included 2.5beta2-to-2.5beta3.sql file on your database and your upgrade is complete.
It should just take a few minutes to upgrade and you can continue to beta test the most recent release. There are a large amount of fixes in this release, so if you are running an older beta, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade.
Become A Beta Tester