osCmax 2.5.3 Released
The latest osCmax release is now ready for download. This version fixes over 65 issues and improves stability of a lot of features.
If you are already running osCmax v2.5.2, you can get the changes only package to make upgrading even easier. Both the full package and changes only package are available from the download page.
Download osCmax v2.5.3 here:
osCMax Power e-commerce software | osCMax - osCommerce Maximized
Upgrading osCmax is fairly easy process. If you have a heavily modified store, I recommend you manually compare and merge in the changes to your shop to make sure none of your changes are overwritten.
Follow these steps for the automated upgrade process:
- Make a backup of both your current files and database as a precaution.
- Put your site in Down For Maintenance Mode (you may need to add your IP to the allowed admin IPs there)
- Upload the new files from the Changes-Only zip file overwriting the existing files.
- Login to your admin panel and go to the Administrator >> Upgrade System section.
- On the upgrade system page, you should see text asking if you want to upgrade. Click the upgrade button.
- Refresh the page in your browser. It should tell you that you are now running the latest
We would love to hear how the upgrade process goes for you, and what you think about the latest release. Be sure to check in and add your thoughts to the discussion:
osCmax v2.5.3 has been released : discussion